Wednesday 10 February 2010

Cape Tribulation - Day 3

--
We really felt like we lost one day today. The lack of excursion to the reef yesterday really ruined Cape Tribulation for us, we could have spent this empty day somewhere else with more alternatives.

All we did today, basically, was to wait for the bus to come and pick us up at 16:15, so we did the check out at 10 am and guess what we did then...yes!! we hit the swimming pool and we spent 3 hours in it! until it was lunch time then we went to have lunch to the local restaurant and made some time until 16:15 when the bus passed by to pick us up.

Common room:
The gorgest swimming pool
The rooms:


Last two nights I haven't slept much due to having to learn at what level you need to set the air con unit in the room, first night I felt like Walt Disney in his cryogenic capsule... last night it was so hot I had to get up in the middle of the night to drink because I got completely de-hydrated during the night...so I didn't sleep much either and now that I know the right settings for the night...I'm not there anymore.

The way back to Cairns was a 2 and a half non stop drive so we made it to Cairns by 19:00 and I was fantasising about my private room today and how well I was going to sleep...with air con in a quiet side of the resort...when reality hit me...today it was an 8 people room...and the door was broken so in order to open the door you really have to push/kick/shout/beg/pray or whatever your resourceful brain can come up with at that time...so no chance to have a quiet night today.

Should I have any energy left tomorrow I may try to get something a bit quieter otherwise I'll be sleeping on the plane to Sydney in a couple of days.

Tomorrow is another day at Cairns.Let's see what the day and specially the night brings...


--

No comments:

Post a Comment