Thursday 11 February 2010

Back in Cairns again

--
Ok, today is our last day in Cairns. Tomorrow at midday we´ll be heading to Sydney where we´ll arrive at about 16:00 hours. It won't be as hot as here I've been told but it's still the summer so it shouldn't be too bad. Anyway, 5-10 C less will be certainly welcome.

There is no much to say about today really, we took a lazy day. The initial plan was going to the swimming pool, which by the way discovered today is known to everyone as "the lagoon" for some reason unknown to me. Unfortunately it seems that on Wednesday mornings they always do some maintenance, they clean the swimming pool so we had to endure the scorching sun until midday, although I must admit that if you lay your towel under one of the trees by the swimming pool...it's almost bearable. :-)

After that we went to the main shopping centre to enjoy their free air condicioning and have something to eat. This is probably hard to understand but it is so hot and humid that you are desperate for some air con confort. Then we splitted based on our priorities for the day, Aida went shopping (I would describe it more like browsing though) and I went to upload all the outstanding blog entries which weren't few. Once my homework was done, I moved to some more mundane tasks...like washing the two bags of dirty cloths I had...it was taking too much space in my rucksack! and I´m going to need a really well packed and neat rucksack tomorrow at the airport.

--

No comments:

Post a Comment