Wednesday 29 September 2010

The last dinner

--

Effectively, this would be our last day in Africa since the following day we would be catching our flight back to Europe so in order to celebrate this fantastic 3 weeks we all went to have dinner together and invited the staff too (cook, driver and cook aid).

We went to spend the night to a town in South Africa but don't ask me for the name because I just can't remember... I must be getting old faster than anticipated...

Dinner was pretty good and although the restaurant was a 10 minutes walk from our hotel we all had to go by taxi. Apparently crime rates in most South African cities are staggering. Not safe walking in the streets.

After dinner most people went to bed... except 4 of us which decided to carry on and try out the night life in this city which name I still can't remember.

It was a bit of a pain having to take taxis everywhere but as you can see in the above picture we were having a horrendous time...

As all good things in life, it all came to an end and we had to go back to the hotel and get ready for the following day. We had a plain to catch!

I think it's worth noting that I was given fifty billion dollars... from Zimbabwe...


I know, it's lacking three zeros... but that's the anglo-saxon way of counting, for them one thousand millions it's a billion, for the rest of us, one million millions is a billion. Unfortunately for me 50 billion Zimbabwean dollars are not worth the paper they were printed on... otherwise you could probably count with a million or so coming your way dear reader. :-)

And that was my African adventure... Some of the people travelling with me in this fantastic excursion had travelled quite extensively throughout Africa (Moi, Merce, Ina) and made some good recommendations about other places I should visit so it is very likely I will go back to Africa some other time in the future. I really liked it, it was far better than what I expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment