Friday 10 September 2010

Cyprus - Day 10 - Aphrodite's bath

--

I'm afraid this will be the last post for Cyprus, it wasn't my last day there since I left the following day late at night but on the last day Alex and I pretty much stayed by the beach all day...but when it's raining outside, even cold...who wants to know that?!

Anyway, as this was the day before the last Alex and I decided to do a little bit of tourism. We had to do a drop off at the airport at Pafos. Andreas, Kirstin and Progobi were flying back to the UK...

So we decided to check out Coral Bay which is not far from Pafos and it's very touristic... It must have something to be so touristic we thought.

It is not a bad place but nothing extraordinary I'm afraid.

As you can see it's a very touristic beach full of people in different shades of red...
but we didn't think much of it, let's just say we weren't very impressed by the place. In fact, there weren't many Cypriots on that beach most of the people there were tourists. They had some fun water sports, you could hear people´s screams while being pulled from a boat on an air matress at top speed...

At lunch time we after looking for a good place where to have lunch with not much luck we decided to go to Kathikas to our usual venue. It was my 3rd time visiting that restaurant but it was so good that, why not?

We didn't even have to look at the menu...we knew what we wanted. :-) Mezze! For my total surprise I found Daphne and her Mom there (Daphne is the Duch girl that came with me to the Zenobia).

In the afternoon we decided to get back to our usual beach until 7 pm or so when the sun starts to go down and then go and visit Aphrodite's bath.

The path to Aphrodite's bath was wide and easy to walk although not without its perils...

It was quite a short walk from the road, maybe 10 mins


The legend says that's the place where Aphrodite used to take her baths...

but after seing the place, I wouldn't dare to bath myself in that hole...I wouldn't even dare to push my worst enemy in it...and I don't consider myself someone with higher standards than a Greek Goddess... but if the legend says so... Judge by yourself!
Would you have a bath in there?

After Aphrodite's bath we decided to follow the path which goes all alongside the coast for many miles. Our plan was just to walk a little bit further until it started to get dark and get back to the villa.

The views were magnificent.
There were lots of olive trees all around

Lots of cliffs all around
One were you can see the views
and the same one were you can see how high the place was in comparison to the sea...
There was someone practicing some water skiing, not very successfully I must add
There were some very flashy plants too
It became night pretty quickly so we had to turn around and head back for the car. When we reached the car was already night.

As I said earlier the following day we just took it easy and had a nice and relaxing day.

I did like Cyprus and thanks to the wedding I was fortunate enough to be among some Cypriots so I got to see more than just the touristic bits. I enjoyed the wedding, the Zenobia was a mind blowing experience, the sea was always warm and blue...very invinting

I would totally recommend Cyprus to anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment