Monday 6 September 2010

Cyprus - Day 6 - Wedding day - PART II

--

This part of the wedding is better described with the photos and the videos, oh yes! I said videos, how else would you appreciate the Greek dances! :-)

Let me disappoint you from the start and say that although I did my fair share of greek dancing I did not filmed myself, kinda difficult to do, isn't it?

Anyway, this part of the wedding was a lot of fun and the food was fantastic. It was made up of a lot of traditional Greek/Cypriot dishes and as it was a buffet, you could pick and choose the ones that draw your attention the most and then have some more. :-)

I think it's worth mentioning this is the first wedding I attend in which there is free ice-cream!!! :-)

Let's start with the views from the restaurant


The wedding cake!

Some random photos from the different tables


After the buffet...and the wine...along came the night and with it...the dancing!

Photos do not make it justice, do they?





And below is Telia one of Alex's nieces


And Christian, one of Alex's nephew

This video is an overview of the whole restaurant so you can have a feel of what the atmosphere was like


And some more dancing!






I was trying to hide the icecream but it seems the photographer wouldn't have any of that nonsense

Amazing day! and night!

After the wedding we all got back in the bus and made our way back to the villa...3 hours later we made it to the villa, it was 3 am and surprise, surprise we had no electricity...which meant no air-con...which meant nobody slept! it was soooooo hot!
Luckly the following day the owner showed up and showed us where the fuse was... 100 metres down the road...no wonder we didn't manage to find it last night!

No comments:

Post a Comment