Wednesday 28 April 2010

Singapore

--

The spectacular views from my hotel window, some things money can't buy, really. X-P



The hotel despite of being the cheapest I could find, it wasn't too bad at all.

It was clean, the staff were nice and helpful and their english was good. I couldn't say the same for their signs though... not sure who did the translation but... would you take this lif? Surely you'd rather taking the stairs!


And also another interesting sign that would surprise more than one.

For some reason or another it is quite common to see people spitting everywhere here in asia... never thought they would have to put up a sign to prevent people from doing it in the lobby though...

Anyway, I got up, got ready, did the check out and went to take the train back to the airport.

The flight was very quiet, same as coming from Australia. It was almost empty so I had a couple of rows just to myself. :-)

In Phuket I had a free shuttle service from the hotel so as soon as I left the plain I was in the car on my way to the hotel. I had a scary moment when the driver decided to leave the main road and visit his family...two other men armed with a saw and a big bag got into the car with me (I was in the front seat). I wasn't sure whether the saw was to chop me off or whether the driver was giving some relatives a lift to work...my hand was at the door handle while I tried to decide...in the end I unbuckled my seatbelt in case I had to do a runner but decided to stay...

You'll be glad to know (not as much as myself though) that all my limbs are intact and survived the experience. :-)  

Anyway, the hotel in Phuket, the C&N was fantastic. Free cable tv and internet, a fairly big room for myself with a bed as wide as long, free breakfast, fridge, safe, and a very nice and helpful staff. I may stay here longer than anticipated! This is no backpackers accomodation! :-)

Their signs may also need to be revised though...

Tomorrow is time to go for a nice leisury stroll around town and see what Phuket has to offer.

--

2 comments:

  1. Veo Que La afición de Tomar fotos de Las Señales una Continua. Pero A Pesar de la aventura del coche, Creo Que Mejor que FUE ESTAR Tirado en Darwin DURANTE UNOS días, me Imagino Qué nos contarás Como termino El episodio de Tus amigos en Darwin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pues todavía no ha acabado. Aída se ha quedado "atrapada" en Darwin hasta el 3 de Mayo (pobriña como sufre). ;-)

    Alan que volaba con Emirates ha conseguido un vuelo antes y ya está de vuelta en Inglaterra trabajando (por lo que yo sé)

    Sharon está viviendo en Australia con lo que no ha tenido ningún problema para volverse a casa.

    El equipo Austria sigue de viaje, lo ultimo que he sabido de ellas es que estaban en Cairns.

    Lo increible de esta situación es que Aída y yo vamos a coincidir otra vez en el vuelo de vuelta de Singapore a Londres... ¿Qué probabilidades habían de que eso ocurriera? :-)
    Así que aprovecharemos para ponernos al día de los últimos cotilleos de todo el mundo. :-)

    Una historia con final feliz...como en Walt Disney. :-)

    ReplyDelete