Thursday 29 April 2010

Phuket

--
The hotel were I am staying is the C&N htotel at Patong Beach - Phuket

 If I thought the room and the staff were top-notch it's because I hadn't seen breakfast...

Oh my God! no need to have lunch after this ...
You are missing the donought and the croissants which I already dealt with. :-)''

I think I'm going to recover all the weight I lost in Australia. :-) I even have a cook on stand by in case I want something else. How good is that?

I usually do one post a day but in this case, this post will cover the 3-4 days I spent in Phuket before going to Phi Phi island and the reason being is that my intention is to rest and recover from Australia, always on the run, living from a suitcase, eating what you can where you can... well, not anymore.

I'll go to nice restaurants, I'll stay in the same nice room for a few days, and I'll try to do nothing for a few days... I know, it's a very ambitious plan but I'll try my best. The problem with that is that there won't be much to tell about so it's best just putting all the days together in one post.

So, first things first. A visit to my office for the next 3 days.
That's Patong beach, 5 minutes walk from my wonderful hotel. :-) Average Water Temperature: 30 C

It's nicer inside the water than outside. :-)

There are quite a few local markets but the sellers nag you every time you pass by which it automatically puts me off to even look at their stuff... There is also a huge shopping centre with a cinema not far from the hotel.
 This shopping centre is a funny place, each entrance is guarded by a security guy that every time you come in or out gives you a militar salute. They also have a shooting gallery where you can go and shot any gun or rifle you can think of. 

This is the main street

There are hundreds of tiny shops all along the street. The most common shops are without any doubt the farmacies. I'm guessing this is because you can buy knock off drugs that back home cost an arm and a leg for a fraction of the price. Same componds but without the brand...

Then there are also lots of 7Elevens (24h open mini supermarket) and dozens of massage parlours. Now, massage parlours is something you have to be carefull if you don't want to end up with more than a massage.
Usually any place attached to a respectable business like a hotel or a spa should be fine. I suppose that's the reason why the owner of the below independent massage parlour felt had to be clear about it.


I couldn't stop laughing when I saw it. It was hard to keep the camera still. ;-) Funny enough, there were another two people taking the same picture, we stared at each others and kept laughing...

Right in front of my hotel there is a small local restaurant which is always full, with farangs (that's how they call foreigners here in Thailand) and Thai people, so I decided to give it a go...

They have an interesting mixture of Thai and European food. I liked it. Specially the chilli sauce. :-)
And also not far from my hotel (I am marvelled at how close it is from everywhere :-) ) you can see the Thai boxing arena where you can go any day of the week to see a thai boxing combat (if you go at night) or to see thai boxers training (if you go during the day). There is a car going around town all day shouting...combat toooooonite! with a thick thai accent... it's very funny.

The streets at night get quite lively.

I was about to take a picture of some ladyboys dancing to put it up on the blog but somehow I felt Aída's invisible presence telling me not to dare... so I'm afraid you'll have to do with some street performers. This may bring you back to the 80's, remember breakdance?

The next post will be about Phi Phi island where I spent 4 interesting days.


--

No comments:

Post a Comment