Sunday 19 February 2012

Day 23: Taupo - Auckland

This time we spent the night in a different accommodation (as the usual place was already full)

I wouldn't rate it among the best places I had the pleasure to spend the night on but it certainly wasn't the worst (lake Mahinapua springs to mind).

And today it was just another day on the bus... but with an interesting stop... :-)


This is a small village called Matamata which is not far from the movie set (Lord of the Rings - Hobbiton). Unfortunately, in order to visit the movie set you need to spend the day in this area and you can only go in a guided tour.

I did a quick search around on the internet just to see what I was missing (as I couldn't spend an extra day here) and this is what you would probably see:




But I couldn't do that and all I did was travelling by bus until we made it to Auckland. Once there I went to bed early as tomorrow I'll have to catch a morning flight to Bangkok.



View Thailand-New Zealand 2012 in a larger map

No comments:

Post a Comment