Monday 16 January 2012

A well deserved break


Back in Bangkok, the underground stop at the railways station is called

This time I reversed my way back to the hotel, same hotel as before although on my way back from NZ I'll be trying a new hotel...

I made my way from Hua Lamphong to Sukhunvit, swapped the underground for the sky train (sky train stop is called Asok) from Asok I took the train to Nana and, walked until my hotel.

I was knackered and, the blood was coming back to my extremities now that the heat of the day was bathing by body so I decided to have a lazy day today, just because I'm worth it. :-) which means I won't have much to report because I stayed by the swimming pool and then I went for a quick stroll to a nearby park I saw from the sky train the other day.

The park was called Benjasiri  Park and it was at


something I've noticed by reading the below caption is that despite the many "happy new year" signs that you can see all over town, they don't seem to use the Gregorian calendar. Check it out!


1992 is the year 2535 for them!!

The park was quite nice and I spent a couple of hours there reading my guide to NZ. :-)



It seems that you can't smoke in the park... 2,000 Bath fine (45 €)


And that was all for the day, tomorrow I'll be catching my flight to NZ so as I'm going to be missing one day with the time difference and all that, I'm guessing I won't be able to add any more entries until I´m in NZ, couple of days? maybe just one...we'll see what happens.



View Thailand-New Zealand 2012 in a larger map

No comments:

Post a Comment