Friday 20 August 2010

Cyprus - Day 0

--

Yes, I am back on the road again...well actually on the skies would be more appropiate in this case.

Today I travelled to London and what you know, it was raining!! I must admit I would have been disapointed otherwise. ;-)

Tomorrow I'll start my two weeks in Cyprus. I'll be attending Alex and Skeve's wedding which will be on the 26th if my memory serves me well and I'll be telling you all about it.

Today when I left for the coach that took me to the airport I had this sinking feeling I was forgetting something... and it didn't hit me until I got to the airport. I forgot to take a hat which is easy to fix, don't get surprised if you get to see a photo of yours truly wearing a Welcome to Cyprus kind of hat. :-)

The other thing I forgot was my cufflings... I've got 8 pairs and brought none... and the shirt without the cufflings would look like a straitjacket...and that's not the image I am aiming for, that's for sure!

So I looked around int the airport and found some nice ones for a whopping 200€... I wasn't that desperate for the cufflings... it is better to look like you're wearing a straitjacket than actually needing one because paying that for a pair of cufflings directly qualifies you for a nice good-looking straitjacket from the closest metal institution...

Anyway...after recovering from that mini heart attach and walking around for a little bit longer I found some nice ones more "on my budget" :-)

Not bad!, I could have done worse, couldn't I?

But coming back to Cyprus, in case you're wondering, this is where it is:


There is a lot to see in Cyprus and lots of things to do too. I've been reading about the diving and it looks like an excelent place for it. Good visibility up to 40m, more than 200 marine species and above all...my favorite,  one of the most famous wrecks in the world, the Zenobia a 200 metre long sunk ferry. :-)

There are also mountains, beach and above all...good weather, my number one condition for a holiday destination. :-)

I am really looking forward to this. Let's see how it goes... :-)



--

3 comments:

  1. Que lo pases bien por esas tierras, wapo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oye, ya estás tardando en ponernos al día!!! Y esas fotos de la lluvia en LON, qué?
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lo del internet parece que no se ha extendido mucho por Chipre...aparte de que estuvimos bastante aislados...pero bueno, no me he olvidado del blog con lo que las entradas de Chipre están al caer. :-)

    ReplyDelete