Thursday 1 July 2010

Vigo - Part II

--

Another post with some photos from the surrondings of Vigo. The first were taken from Laguia which in my opinion is one of the nicest places in Vigo although greatly overlooked by the locals. It's got a lot of green and on a sunny day it's a nice place to go for a walk and enjoy the views as my friend Álvaro and I did the day I took these photos.


On top of Laguia there is a small chapel and on the day I took the photos they were celebrating a wedding, which is something you can experience almost every weekend with the start of the spring. Alvaro himself got married in that chapel as he reminded me while I was taken photos from every angle possible.

After Laguia, Álvaro suggested going to Chapela, which is one of the neighbourhoods on that part of town where we where. I've only past by a few times through Chapela so I don't really know the place but Álvaro lived there for a while so he knew it pretty well and as he was driving we went to "the beach" in Chapela. You may have noticed I´ve put the word ´beach´ in quotes because it was more like a sandbox rather than a proper beach as we all understand it but there were quite a few people there sunbathing and even swimming so I would imagine that qualifies as a beach.

The local beach wasn't my cup of tea granted, but the views from there where quite nice though.


Not bad!

I've got a few more trips in mind to show you all the nice areas around Vigo. I think you won't be disappointed. I'm also on a mission to discover all the good and wonderful local summer parties. It's a busy schedule but I'll try my best not to dissapoint. :-)

--

No comments:

Post a Comment