Tuesday 19 January 2010

Gearing up for Australia 2010

--

This is it!

The time has come.

I'm going to Australia!!!!

I've been reading about all the different ways in which you can have a horrible and painful death over there...Crocodiles, sharks, jellyfish, snakes, spiders...you name it, they have it! For one reason or another, the snakes they have are the most poisonous in the world...same with the spiders and funny enough even the jellyfish is so dangerous that should you get stung by one and don't receive any treatment for it you'll probably die...

I can't wait to get there!!! :-)

I just read about this guy who got awarded the "best job in the world" which basically was to live in an island that resembles a piece of paradise in Australia and blog about it while you get paid handsomely for it...well it seems in one of his last days he got stung by a jellyfish and he almost died... so the bottom line...if it can happen to the luckiest guy on earth...it could happen to you too! :-)

I just went through my boxes looking for my diving logbook and the diving tables because on the third day I'm going to be on a diving cruise for 7 days by the Great Barrier Reef with unlimited dives with the sharks and the jellyfish! and plenty of time to blog about it in between...not sure whether they'll have WiFi on the boat though.


Below is the MASTER PLAN for the next 3 months.





First 2-3 days to recover from the jet-lag, then 7 days diving cruise with unlimited dives in the Great Barrier Reef!!




And we are already in February with two more days in Cairns where there are lots of activities to do. Rollerblading, white water rafting, treking, helicopter trips, banging jumping, rapel... you name it, they provide it. :-) Somehow I don't think I'll get bored.

Then a 3 day excursion to Cape Tribulation, this is a trip through the rainforest all the way to Cape Tribulation which it seems to be a tropical paradise where you can do some snorkling, diving, or just lay by the beach...

Then flight to Sydney and 5 days in town... 3 day trip to Melbourne which includes Camberra, the Australian Alps, Lakes Entrance and Wilsons Promontory (which is the southern tip of Australia).

Then a week in Tasmania and back to Melbourne.


For March, we'll start with a few days in Melbourne, then it comes the tour: Melbourne-Kangaroo island-Adelaide, I think Kangaroo island will be just the place to see kangaroos :-) , we'll also see Torquay which they claim is every surfer's dream. We'll visit the Grampians National Park, seal bay where we'll get to see some seals.

Then a few days in Adelaide and back on the road to the Australian Outback.
Flinders Ranges, Wilpena pound, the famous Uluru (Ayers Rocks) the orange mountain and Kings Canyon.

Another tour Perth-Albany-Perth then 4 free days in Perth

It turns out I'll be in Adelaide on my birthday. :-)

 

And for April, there is a 10 day excursion throughout the West Coast, from Perth to Broome, then to Darwin and from there we'll be visiting the Kakadu Lichtfield Park where we'll have a wildlife Croc Cruise where we'll see some crocs, we'll also visit the Twin and Jim Jim falls and we'll also see some aboriginal rock art.

After all that we'll have a few free days in Darwin and back to Europe...


Despite of spending 3 months in Australia I don't think I'll have too much idle time in my hands...but rest assure dear reader I'll do my best to keep you informed and entertainned with my adventures or rather missadventures whatever comes and of course lots of pictures. :-)

--

5 comments:

  1. while (true)
    {
    I HATE YOU .................
    }

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE YOU ALL!!! :-)
    And I'll think a lot about you lot when in Australia...or maybe not...hmmm...I think this needs some serious consideration from a sandy beach while holding an alcoholic beverage of some kind decorated with a nice umbrella.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In other words...

    if((drinkContainsAlcohol) && (drinkHasFunnyUmbrella) && (isLayingOnASandyBeach))
    {
    return ShouldIThinkAboutThisPoorLotWorkingHardInPlacesWithNoSun();

    }

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prueba empirica q hasta programando puedes ser un cabrón sin corazón ni compasión por tus semejantes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gracias...siempre es bueno ser reconocido por tus méritos. :-)

    ReplyDelete