Saturday 15 November 2014

The rest of the week

As Alex and Konrad's flight didn't land until almost midday I decided to use the train again intead of taking a taxi.

So I did the check out and asked in reception whether they could call a tuk-tuk to take me to Nana station as I didn't fancy walking with the suitcase and for my surprise, they told me that the hotel offers a cortesy tuk-tuk free of charge...

The tuk-tuk was parked outside so I jumped in and enjoyed the ride to the BTS (overground) station... and from there I went to Phaya Thai

where I changed to the train that goes to the airport and the whole trip from the moment I left the hotel until I made it to the airport took me about an hour..

We had a driver that would take us from the airport to the villa that we had rented so when I got there I looked for someone holding a sign with either Konrad's or Alex's names and a few minutes after my arrival someone put up a sign with Alex's name so I decided to wait there for them... to my surprise when they finally managed to come out, another driver popped out holding Konrad's name... I pointed out to Alex that there was a sign with his name but at the time he thought there was another person called like him so we left with our driver and in about 1 and a half hours we finally made it to the villa where someone was there to meet us, give us the keys, read the meters etc...

During the conversation we found out that they had actually sent a taxi to pick us up (hence Alex's name at the airport) which means that Alex's name still remains unique, they didn't know we had made our own arrangements.

The villa was fantastic... just as in the pictures. A truly amazing place to relax.

Three bedrooms, two of them with on suite bathrooms
 Living room + kitchen

 swimming pool with jacuzzi

 And the back garden


The only problem though, was that it was in the middle of the countryside and if we wanted to go somewhere we needed to call a taxi and wait for an hour before it showed up and then it would take us anything between 20 and 40 minutes in the taxi to get to civilisation. Which turned up to be expensive in time and money and pretty much left us stranded in the villa...

Although the villa was so good that we were more than happy to be "stranded" there. :-)

The first time we tried to get a taxi we went to the three houses by the road and asked the locals where we could find a taxi and one of ladies there told us that her husband would take us for 500 Bath (sqeeze the tourist for as much as you can seems to be the moto in the area) so the first night we went with him in his pick up truck...we didn't have much of a choice really... but then we found out other ways to get a taxi so we always managed to go for either 300 or 400 Bath (6-8 GBP/ 8-10 EUR).

Nice sunsets too


We had a pretty good restaurant nearby where the owner spoke a very good english... Alex spotted this little fellow on the way there one day...


So what do you think it was the first thing we did when we arrived to the villa?...


That's right... we checked the swimming pool just to make sure that temperature and chlorine levels were adequate... and I'm please to report that they were. :-)

There were some storms sometimes... they wouldn't last long... maybe an hour or so.

First you would see the sky getting darker and darker...
 And then... suddenly... hell would break loose

It felt so impressive that I even took a very short video while the locals looked at me as if I've never seen the rain before... crazy tourist!

Right in front of the restaurant there was a local temple, fortunately known by all the taxi drivers in the region and although they are still restauring it, it didn't look too bad...

The left part is still un-decorated
 But you can see the right door to have an idea of what it'll look like at the end...


One of the days we visited a restaurant in town with not only good food but also a Thai dancing show
Konrad took this picture of Alex and myself while waiting for the food
 And the Thai dancing...


We spent most of the time at the villa by the swimming pool with the occasional outing for dinner...

And I'm afraid that's pretty much it, as I had to cut my holidays short, so I'll be missing the diving, the snorkling, the islands that we had been planning on visiting...but who knows... maybe another time... so many countries... so little time. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment